Sunday, October 24, 2010

A Wonderful Thanksgiving Surprise....I'm going to be a Gramma!!!


We decided to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving with Kelly and Ryan, so we packed up the dogs and set off across the Rockies and the Prairies to their home unaware of the wonderful surprise they had waiting for us. Amid the toasts of Thanksgiving, Kelly shared that she was going to have our first Grandbaby!! A happier moment I cannot recall!! A Baby! ..in May!

Life gets no better than this!

Kelly made a beautiful feast of turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, turnips & carrots, mashed potatoes and gravy and all the trimmings....I must admit I could hardly taste my food, so full were my thoughts of the upcoming event!


Their new harvest table and chairs arrived just in time for the first of many holiday and family dinners around it. She had it beautifully set...as usual.

A huge turkey...roasted to perfection...

and 3 delicious pies...Ryan's apple, pumpkin and coconut cream.

Their Front Door...Love the little Crow on the pumpkin!

A walk along the endless beach of Lake Manitoba.

No comments: