Sunday, February 20, 2011

Week 3....

Week 3 started out kinda rough. Mom gets bored easily and has a hard time expressing herself with her limited speech. We went for a drive on Tuesday to the north end of Palmer Lake. We saw a few deer and Dad saw a bald eagle. It was windy and cold but there were 3 lone ice fishermen out fishing on the lake.
Mom's brother and wife came to visit one afternoon, when I got there she told me they had come and how nice it was to see them. I know it is hard to visit with her, but I appreciate people stopping by and making the effort even though it can be uncomfortable for them. Her cousin had stopped by the week before, as well as Dad's brother.
She had a Dr appointment in town so I was able to talk with him about some of my concerns, now I think we have a good handle on her meds...
On Friday Mom and I went to Omak to go shopping at Penney's and Walmart. Dad opted to stay home with Kozi. Things went okay.
All in all the week was not one of her best. Hopefully things will be better this coming week.
Dad seems to be on an even keel...he is tired and plays alot of solitare on his computer. He has things he checks regularly online and for the most part is doing well. He and Mom both enjoy going on drives so we will be doing that. If you get a chance...drop Mom & Dad a card or postcard...she still enjoys mail!

No comments: